Granny Murray Schools was founded in the year 2010 largely as an early years centre and has evolved into a nursery and primary school to cater for the care and learning needs of children of zero to five foundational years and children of primary school age. Granny Murray Schools is proud to be family centric, special considerations for sibling advantage and with special focus on building a prosperous community for all.
While we help children to learn through play, our primary aim is to work in partnership with parents to develop happy, confident children who are interested in everything they see and hear thus contributing to enquiring minds. Our approach of ‘learning through play’ is designated to help children achieve their potential and increase their confidence through a wide variety of experiences. We provide opportunities for personal and social development, from speaking and listening to reading, while encouraging goal making, building mathematics skills, frequent work on the computer, expanding the children’s geographical knowledge and understanding of the world; encouraging them to explore their creativity through music and art; including daily language classes (local and international). At our outdoors, the children can learn about basic gardening and farming, and also experience outdoor play for their physical development.
Granny Murray Schools combine the best features of both British and Nigerian Curricula. Teaching children from zero to eleven years of age, and with the British and Nigerian National Curriculum outlining what must be taught at each level and giving learning targets, our teachers track each individual pupil’s ability early on, and then plan their learning curve accordingly. At Granny Murray, you are always at a care and learning advantage with us considering the following;
- Located centrally for your convenience; in the heart of Wuse II, Abuja
- Extensive in-door, outdoor and club activities; for in-house and visiting children
- Convenient drop off & pick up times; 24hrs care options including short boarding plans
- Total learning and care categories; Early Years: Zero to 5 years, up to 11 years of age
- Small individualized classes for clear individualized attention; single stream programme
- Safe, clean spacious environment; for all ages, care and learning categories
- Specialized catering for children; Brunch, lunch meals and other meals on demand
- Broad Curriculum; Music, Language, Etiquette, Diction, Art, Sports, Chess classes etc
- Resident nurse / Doctor on call; In-house first aid service and local call to child’s doctor
- Designated key workers; to attend to child’s needs, who update directly to the parent